Town Elections • Town Meeting • Annual Reports
Town elections are on Tuesday, March 13, 2018. Polls will be open at the Mason Town Hall from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Ballot voting will decide:
- Article 1 (“Electing Officials”). See the sample ballot for a list of open offices and candidates.
- School budget. The 2018-2019 proposed budget and default budget are posted on the SAU 89 web site.
Absentee Ballot Voting
If you do not anticipate that you will be present to vote in person:
- Request an absentee ballot using the Absentee Ballot Request Form (PDF). Complete the form, and deliver it to the Town Clerk’s office by mail, email (scanned copy), or fax. You can also deliver it in person during open hours for the Town Clerk’s office. (For more information, see the Town Clerk & Tax Collector’s General Information page.) When your request is approved, the Town Clerk will provide you with an official absentee ballot.
- Complete the absentee ballot, and submit it to the Town Clerk by Monday, Mar. 12. The Town Clerk’s office is open on Mar. 12 from 3-5pm. If someone other than the voter is returning the absentee ballot, that person must complete the absentee ballot return form.
The annual Town Meeting is on Saturday, March 17, 2018. The meeting will be held Mason Elementary School and begins at 9 a.m.
The Supervisors of the Checklist will be in session on Saturday, March 3, 2018, between 11:00 – 11:30 a.m. at the Mann House for purposes of making final corrections to the voter checklist before Town Meeting.
Hard copies are available at the Board of Selectmen’s office, the Town Clerk’s office, and Mason Public Library. Copies will also be available at the Town Hall during polling hours on Mar. 13.
Winter weather tips
Eversource, the energy service provider for the town of Mason, offers advice on preparing for storms and maintaining communication with them during power outages.
For tips of preparing for storms, go to: https://www.eversource.com/content/nh/residential/outages/storm-preparedness/before-a-storm
Eversource continually monitors weather conditions, and encourages residents to sign up for outage alerts. Eversource can deliver outage alerts to residents via email messages, text messages, and/or telephone calls. To create or update your alerts, go to the Eversource outage alerts page: https://www.eversource.com/content/nh/residential/outages/storm-preparedness/outage-alerts-text-reporting
Other helpful points of contact:
- 24-hour toll-free customer service line (1-800-662-7764) that you can call during emergencies to report and check the status of outages.
- Outage maps (https://www.eversource.com/psnh/outage/outagemap.aspx).
- Eversource on Facebook (EversourceNH) and Twitter (@)