Winter weather tips
Eversource, the energy service provider for the town of Mason, offers advice on preparing for storms and maintaining communication with them during power outages.
For tips of preparing for storms, go to: https://www.eversource.com/content/nh/residential/outages/storm-preparedness/before-a-storm
Eversource continually monitors weather conditions, and encourages residents to sign up for outage alerts. Eversource can deliver outage alerts to residents via email messages, text messages, and/or telephone calls. To create or update your alerts, go to the Eversource outage alerts page: https://www.eversource.com/Content/nh/residential/outages/outage-alerts
Other helpful points of contact:
- 24-hour toll-free customer service line (1-800-662-7764) that you can call during emergencies to report and check the status of outages.
- Outage maps (https://www.eversource.com/psnh/outage/outagemap.aspx).
- Eversource on Facebook (EversourceNH) and Twitter (@)
Town Meeting results
The annual Town Meeting was on Saturday, March 18, 2017. Town Clerk Debra Morrison announced the following results:
There were 1,036 on the checklist with 70 voters attending resulting in a 7 percent turnout.
- Article 2 – Highway Building Bond, carries (ballot vote: Yes – 59, No – 10)
- Article 3 – Accept Reports, carries unanimously
- Article 4 – Operating Budget, carries unanimously
- Article 5 – Police Cruiser, carries unanimously
- Article 6 – 250th Anniversary Celebration, carries unanimously
- Article 7 – Paved Road Maintenance, carries unanimously
- Article 8 – FD Airpacks, carries unanimously
- Article 9 – Upgrading Communication System for FD, carries unanimously
- Article 10 – Discontinue K9 Expendable Trust Fund, carries unanimously
- Article 11 – Establish Mason Police Equitable Sharing Expendable Trust Fund, carries unanimously
- Article 12 – Establish Police Supplemental Expendable Trust Fund, carries unanimously
- Article 13 – Return Unused Funds to National Assoc. of Chiefs of Police, carries