A written burn permit is required anytime the ground is not covered with at least 1 inch of consistent snow cover. To request a permit, do one of the following:
- Use the online system (http://www.nhfirepermit.com). There is a $3 fee.
- Call the Fire Department at 878-2208.
- Visit the fire station on Saturdays from 4-5pm. A fire officer will be available to write burn permits and answer any questions for the residents of Mason.
Some helpful links:
- Download a poster with information on obtaining a fire permit: http://masonnh.us/wp-content/uploads/NHDFL_ObtainingFirePermits.pdf
- For general information on burn permits and NH burn law, see the website for the NH Division of Forests and Lands: http://www.nhdfl.org/permits-and-applications/burn-permits.aspx
- Download a brochure on NH fire law: http://www.nhdfl.org/library/pdf/Forest%20Protection/