Eversource Energy (formerly PSNH) provides service to all customers in Mason.
As a residential customer, you can purchase energy directly from Eversource Energy, or choose another energy supplier. The NH Public Utilities Commission, or “PUC”, oversees state-regulated utilities, and provides a list of companies that are registered to sell energy in New Hampshire.
Points of contact
- 24-hour toll-free customer service line (1-800-662-7764) that you can call during emergencies to report and check the status of outages.
- Outage maps (https://www.eversource.com/psnh/outage/outagemap.aspx).
- Twitter account (https://twitter.com/EversourceNH) where Eversource Energy workers post updates and interact with customers. You can monitor Eversource Energy’s Twitter updates even if you do not have a Twitter account.
- Text message storm updates (https://www.eversource.com/ccapps/CustOutboundTextMsg/CustOutboundTextMsg.aspx?OpCo=PSNH)
On its web site, Eversource has helpful information on how to prepare for storm-related emergencies before, during, and after storms: https://www.eversource.com/Content/nh/residential/outages/storm-preparedness
DirecTV and DISH Network are the most popular satellite providers in the area. Some providers offer bundle discounts if you order multiple services.
Residents have the following options for Internet connectivity:
- DSL: FairPoint Communications offers DSL to some Mason residents. Contact FairPoint Communications for information.
If you are using FairPoint Communications for other services, ask about bundle discounts. They also provide a discount to DirecTV subscribers, even if you did not order DirecTV from FairPoint. To get this discount, you must call FairPoint so that they can link your FairPoint and DirecTV accounts.
- Mobile broadband: Can be purchased from a cell phone service provider. Requires a mobile broadband-enabled device or card (for example, a mobile broadband card) and a subscription that provides you with Internet access. For more information on mobile broadband access plans, contact a cell phone service provider with coverage in Mason.
- Satellite: Can be purchased from any satellite Internet service provider, and may be bundled with other satellite-based services. HughesNet (1-855-663-0185) provides both satellite-based Internet access and VoIP telephone service.
To view a map of Mason’s broadband availability, see http://iwantbroadbandnh.org/townprofile/mason.
For questions about Mason’s broadband coverage, send email to Stephen Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mason residents use private wells for their household water needs.
It is the well owner’s responsibility to ensure that drinking water is safe for consumption. The NH Department of Environmental Services provides information to well owners through the Private Well Testing Program: http://des.nh.gov/organization/divisions/water/dwgb/well_testing/index.htm
If you have specific questions, contact the NHDES Drinking Water & Groundwater Bureau:
NHDES Drinking Water & Groundwater Bureau
29 Hazen Drive; PO Box 95
Concord, NH 03302-0095
(603) 271- 5171 (fax)