Voter Registration Requirements
To register to vote, you must provide proof of the following:
- Domicile, by document or affidavit
Voter Registration Methods
There are four ways that you can register to vote.
- At the Town Clerk’s office up to 10 days before any election. The Town Clerk’s office is at the Mann House, 16 Darling Hill Road, Mason, NH. The Town Clerk’s hours are posted on the Town Clerk & Tax Collector’s General Information page.
- With the Supervisor of the Checklist. The Supervisor of the Checklist is required to meet at designated times to accept registrations and changes in party affiliation. After being announced, these times are posted on the web site.
- On the day of any election at the polling place. Be aware this will take extra time.
- By mail (absentee). If you are unable to register in person because of physical disability, religious beliefs, military service, or temporary absence, you may register by mail. You should request an absentee voter registration affidavit and a standard voter registration form from the Town Clerk’s office. The absentee voter registration affidavit must be witnessed, and then both the affidavit and the voter registration form are to be returned to the Town Clerk’s office. Allow enough time for this.
For More Information
- NH Secretary of State’s page on Voter Registration Information: http://sos.nh.gov/RegVote.aspx
- Mason Town Clerk
- Mason Supervisor of the Checklist: Kathleen Wile
(To reach the Supervisor of the Checklist, contact the Town Clerk’s office.)
- NH Secretary of State’s Office:
- Web: http://sos.nh.gov/
- Phone: 271-3242
- Fax: 271-6316