Absentee ballot voting
- Requesting a ballot: Download the official absentee ballot request. Be sure to fill out the front and back, but not the printed area that goes sideways. To submit the request, use mail, email, or the drop box at the Mann House. You can also track your ballot at https://app.sos.nh.gov/Public/AbsenteeBallot.aspx.
- Submitting your ballot: Fill it out and return it as soon as possible to avoid any delays. Use mail, or hand it to the Town Clerk in person. (Knock on the side door at the Mann House.) Do not use the drop box. Ballots placed in the drop box will be returned to the voter, potentially delaying receipt. If you are returning a ballot for a spouse or any family member, call for an appointment. The Town Clerk’s office will be open on the Monday before the election (Nov. 2) from 3 to 5 pm for any more requests or drop-offs.
- Ballot processing: Absentee ballots are preprocessed before election day to help expedite their processing on election day. The election committee meets with the Moderator who calls out the name of the voter and opens the outer envelope ONLY. The inner affidavit envelope is inspected to make sure it is signed properly by the voter. The voter’s name is highlighted on the checklist for the Ballot Clerk to locate quickly during the actual absentee ballot processing on election day, and checked off as having voted. It is critical that you sign the affidavit envelope, place the ballot inside the envelope, seal it and then place the affidavit envelope inside the return envelope and seal it. Also make sure your full name and domicile address are on the return envelope so it can be properly processed. If you’re doing an absentee ballot because of COVID concerns, please fill out the RIGHT side of the affidavit envelope under the disability description.
In-person voting without a face covering
- Tell the greeter you wish to vote at this table. He/she will direct you to that table.
- Give your photo ID to the person manning the table who will check the alpha list to see if you are a registered voter. There will be a “runner” who will take your photo ID to the Ballot Clerk who will check you off on the check-in checklist and hand the runner your voting materials.
- The runner will bring back the voting materials and hand it to the person staffing the voting table who will hand it to the voter.
- The voter will fill out the ballot behind the privacy screen and hand the completed ballot to the person staffing the table, who will place it in the additional locked ballot box. By law (RSA 659:23), under no circumstances is the voter to place their ballot in the box themselves.
Please call the Town Clerk at 878-3768.