Quick facts about Mason, NH
- Located in Hillsborough County in southern New Hampshire
- Borders the following New Hampshire towns: New Ipswich, Greenville, Wilton, Milford, and Brookline. Also borders the following Massachusetts towns: Ashby and Townsend.
- Approximately 1,300 residents
- Childhood home of Samuel Wilson, better known as “Uncle Sam”
- Governance by Board of Selectmen and Town Meeting
- Mason has its own school district, SAU 89. Mason Elementary School is known for its great curriculum and small classes. Students in grades 6-12 are on tuition in the Milford, NH school district.
Read more about Mason’s historical significance, geography, demographics, and most well known residents on the Mason Wikipedia page.
If you’re visiting our area from out-of-state, be sure to check out the following sites:
- Visit NH: http://www.visitnh.gov/
- Monadnock Travel Council of Southwest New Hampshire: http://www.monadnocktravel.com/
- SouthwestNH.com (http://www.southwestnh.com/)
- NHTourGuide.com (http://www.nhtourguide.com)
Also, check out:
NewHampshire.com’s “20 Things to Do in the NH Monadnock Region”: (http://www.newhampshire.com/article/99999999/NEWHAMPSHIRE05/110429464)